May 10, 2019 - 7 months ago
By Supply Post
The Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) hosted its annual Awards of Excellence luncheon in Vancouver on May 19th where it recognized individual and group contributions that are making a difference and taking the industry into the future.
(Back left to right) Robert Michel, Gladys Michel, Derek Nighbor, Steve McIssac, Ann Normand, Janis Lawrence-Harper, Kirsten Vice, Donna Kopecky, Zachary Julian, Jennifer Tallman, Brian Merwin, Sandy Ferguson, Lance Black, Francois Dumoulin, Marie Philippe Drouin (Front left to right) Mayor Pascal Cloutier, Honourable Jim Carr, Honourable Ed Fast, Mayor Lyn Hall
FPAC hosts this annual event to recognize excellence in the sector and to honour the achievements of our workers and community partners. Winners are selected across several categories including Forest Community Champions, industry partners, Indigenous leadership, women in forestry, rising stars, innovation, and lifetime achievement. “The people of Canada’s forest products sector are making contributions every day to help us realize important environmental and economic outcomes,” said FPAC President and CEO, Derek Nighbor. “It’s important that we recognize these efforts and say thank you to these special people in our businesses and in our communities who are doing such great work,” he added.
FPAC’s 2019 Awards winners include:
Forest Community Champion Awards
• Hon. Jim Carr – Member of Parliament Winnipeg South Centre, and Minister of International Trade Diversification
• Hon. Ed Fast – Member of Parliament, Abbotsford, and former Minister of International Trade
• Lyn Hall – Mayor, Prince George, BC
• Pascal Cloutier – Mayor, Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC
FPAC Partnership Awards
• Kristen Vice –National Council for Air and Stream Improvement (NCASI) – Montréal, QC
• Forestry Futures Alliance- Edmonton & Calgary, AB
Indigenous Business Leadership Award
• Selkin Logging Limited – Fraser Lake, BC
Skills Award for Indigenous Youth
• Zachary Julian – Mi’Kmaq First Nation, NS
• Lance Black – Anicinape of Abitibi, ON
FPAC Innovation Award
• Brian Merwin, and the Corporate Development Team, Celgar – Mercer International
FPAC Lifetime Achievement Awards
• Jim Witiw – Mercer International
• François Dumoulin – Resolute Forest Products
FPAC Outstanding Member Award
• Donna Kopecky – LP Building Solutions
• Sandy Ferguson – Conifex Timber Inc.
FPAC Women in Forestry Award of Excellence:
• Jennifer Tallman – EACOM Timber Corp.
FPAC Rising Star Award:
• Marie-Philippe Drouin – Resolute Forest Products
FPAC provides a voice for Canada’s wood, pulp, and paper producers nationally and internationally in government, trade, and environmental affairs. The $69-billion-a-year forest products industry represents 2% of Canada’s GDP and is one of Canada’s largest employers operating in more than 600 communities and providing 230,000 direct jobs across the country.