Jun 23, 2016 - 2 years ago
By Supply Post
The New PT-175 Forestry Mulcher: More Service Friendly, More Accessible, Less Weight.
PrimeTech presents the latest version of its 160 HP tracked, self-propelled carrier (prime mover) for vegetation management and land clearing: the PT-175.
PrimeTech have changed the game once again with a new improved tracked carrier. The redesign was made keeping in mind input and feedback from customers, who live mulching every day and who know what works best.
In its brand new form, the PT-175 preserves the features of the previous model, introducing some brilliant improvements:
PT-175 is now also available with remote control. Remote control technology enables PT-175 to operate in dangerous conditions and on very steep slopes. It is able to perform uphill, downhill and sideways, without putting the operator into risky and unsafe situations and avoiding an uncomfortable seating position for the operator due to continuous driving sideways on slopes and ditches.
An innovative remote control ensures accurate guidance of the vehicle at a range of up to 1000 meters. All of the controls and displays the operator would normally see in the cab are on the remote-control unit too. The runtime of the batteries reaches up to 10 h. Moreover, the tilting remote control unit can be opened by a manual pump, which allows easy access and inspecting of all components located underneath.
MORE ACCESSIBLE AND MORE NIMBLE WITH MINIMAL WEIGHT
The frame redesign looked at making the PT-175 leaner, with the result of the engine compartment now being even more accessible:
- The internal roll-bar has been removed for a much better access to the engine and related components
- The machine has a new, lighter main frame and improved undercarriage connection
- The big side doors guarantee easy access and perfect service ability;
The rear part of the frame is hinged and can be opened for quick and easy cleaning and maintenance of the radiator.
NEW MF200 UNDERCARRIAGE
An even more important improvement is the new undercarriage:
- Two upper rollers (previous model had one upper roller only) to better guide the track chains
- Upper and lower rollers are now the same and stronger than the previous ones
- Sealed and lubricated track chains for longer lifetime of chain, pins and bushings
- Wider sprocket and idler to avoid twisting of the track chain
- Idler with bigger diameter and stronger tensioning device
- Lubricated chain with “split connection” to allow easier removal and installation of the track chain
- Track pad bolt size upgraded to M14 (previous M12) for stronger fastening
- New, more heavy-duty final drive with improved sealing and end cover fastening
- New connection style between undercarriage and main frame
RADIATOR AND FAN
PT-175 is equipped with an oversized radiator, allowing the machine to operate in very hot climate with no overheating issues. The radiator comes with coarse fins, preventing it from getting plugged by dust and dirt and making cleaning much easier.
As an option, the PT-175 can be equipped with a proportional (so-called variable pitch) and reversible sucker fan. Based on radiator temperatures (coolant, intercooler and hydraulic oil) the blades will automatically adjust their position in the most efficient and effective way. This results in less power absorbed by the fan and in lower fuel consumption as well as less air and dust flow crossing the engine compartment, helping to keep it cleaner.
New available options include:
- Track chain guides to better guide the track chains and to reduce wear
- Canopy to avoid built-up of debris and snow on engine compartment.
- New GPS Plus with surface mapping to monitor productivity by measuring mulched surface, overlap, etc. with an accuracy of 0-20 cm (0-8”).