Oct 3, 2016 - 2 years ago
By Supply Post
Program Gives K-8 Students an Opportunity to Share Their Ideas of Future School Bus Design, a Chance to Win $1000 for College
As part of The Next Stop initiative, IC Bus has launched an Imagination Contest for students K-8 to dream up the bus of the future as well as give student participants a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship and $500 toward a field trip for their class. The nationwide contest began September 15, and invites students to create the school bus of the future in a drawing, poem, video, picture, sculpture or model. Entries will be accepted through October 13.
"The Next Stop: Imagination Contest will allow the youngest of inventors to share their artistic vision of the future of the bus industry," said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager, IC Bus. "We're proud to be a leader in the bus industry and we're excited to include K-8 students in the process of envisioning the next generation of bus innovation."
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery for a public vote, and two winners will be announced the week of November 7.
"Through its leading dealer network, IC Bus has formed strong connections with pupil transportation departments in the communities we serve," said Mark Johnson, vice president, Marketing, Navistar, parent company of IC Bus. "This program extends our relationship to all our stakeholders – including parents, students, teachers and administrators– to enlist their support in helping us think about and shape the future of the bus industry."
• Parents and teachers of children in grades K-5 and 6-8 can upload a drawing, poem, video, picture of a sculpture/model, etc. for a chance to win.
• Two winners will each receive $1,000 toward their college fund and a $500 field trip for their class.
• Submissions will be accepted from September 15 through October 13, 2016.
• Voting will take place from October 17 through October 31, 2016.
• Two winners will be announced the week of November 7, 2016 (one per age group).
• Contest submissions can be uploaded via picture by parents at ICBus.com/Imagine.
• All entries will be publicly showcased for others to see and vote on.
• IC Bus will offer an option to mail entry and IC Bus will upload to the microsite on the student's behalf.
• A share function allows parents to share their child's entry on social media to "campaign" for extra votes.
The Next Stop is a new IC Bus initiative aimed at imagining the needs of the bus industry's future. Through a collaborative approach, IC Bus will lead the way in bringing together the brightest minds of the industry to map out the road ahead. Find out more at http://ICBus.com/Imagine.